Create an empty project
To start the IDE (integrated development environment), you should run:
and select the workspace for projects/home/user/workspace_v5_3:
To create helloworld project the following operations should be performed:
1. Select in the main CCS sequence of menu itemsFile → New → Project → C/C++ → C Project → Next.
2. Select "C Project" type of project in the appeared window Executable → Empty Project,
type inproject name at "Project Name", for example, helloworld, in the list Toolchains select Cross GCC and click the Next button.
3. Specify the settings in the window with the following cross-compiler prefix and path:
- Tool command prefix: arm-linux-gnueabihf-
- Tool command path: /home/user/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/linux-devkit/sysroots/i686-arago-linux/usr/bin
4. Go to the next step by clicking on Next.
5. To complete creationof the projectuse Finish button in the configuration selection window.
6. As a result of the above operations framework of the project is created, visually represented on the image below.
Adding the source codes in the helloworld project
Adding a file with the source code in Clanguage:
1. Select in the main menu Code Composer Studio the following sequence items File → New → Source File.
2. Type in the window New Source Filethat appears the name and extension of the created C-filein the field Source File, making sure in advance the identity of the parameter Source Folder to the name of the project.
3. Complete the creation of the C-file by adding it to the project by clicking onFinish.
4. Add programtext to the created file and save it by pressingCtrl + S:
5. To assemble the project (compile files and linking), right-click on the project helloworld in the Project Explorer window, select Build Project from the menu. As a result of a successful build executable file helloworld is generated in the Debug directory.
6. To debug the assembled application on the target platform (TI Sitara AM335x) gdbserver / gdb can be used, and to transfer files and receive a remote connection via SSH is convenient to use graphical interface RSE for Code Composer Studio v5.