New system on module based on Texas Instrumets Sitara AM3359
AXONIM Devices announces the MTAX-SoM-AM335x feature-packed System on Module (SOM) based on the AM335x processor from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI).
This module was developed with support from one of the best TI distributors in Russia - MT-System company.
Core of the MTAX-SoM-AM335x SoM - Texas Instruments - Sitara AM335x SoC: 720MHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor with 2 additional 32-bit RISC cores - PRU and rich peripherals.
One of ways where this SoM can be used - industrial automation. It's simplier with this module to implement industial communication protocols with Master/Slave functionality.
A lot of modules implemented on this SoC (LCD controller, 3D SGX graphic accelerator, 2 x gigabit ethernet MAC and etc), pin mux gives a lot of possibilities to configure this module with different functionality.
A lot of devices can be implemented with MTAX-SoM-AM335x:
- Medical equipment
- Mobile PCs
- other devices
Photo of the module:
- Minimal components on the SoM, but enought to start full functional OS (DDR3, NAND Flash, SPI Flash and power management IC);
- New power management IC with charger for Li+ accu and white LED driver;
- All processor I/O are accessible via board-to-board connector;
- Possible to change sizes of DDR3 RAM, NAND Flash and SPI Flash;
- Dimensions - 55,6 x 45,6 mm.
Developers of AXONIM Devices company finished software part for this module. Was developed BSP with drivers and first bootloader. Module released in mass production.
Texas Instruments Sitara AM335x
|RAM||128 / 256 / 512 MB DDR3|
256 / 512 / 1024 MB NAND,
1 x 24-bit LCD,
Microsoft® Windows Embedded Compact 7,
|Dimensions||55,6 x 45,6 mm|
WEC7 and Android demo on video: